Monday, April 20, 2009

OMG


On Friday, I took Chelsea to the doctor because she seemed extremely congested. We thought she had kicked her cold but it looked like it was coming back. Her pediatrician was not there, so she saw another doc. He checked her lungs, throat, ears and nose and said that everything looked fine and that babies sometimes just get congested with the weather changes. She also had a rash that broke out on her face and he said it was just some irritation. Over the weekend, she just got worse and worse. Mucous pouring out her nose and the most pitiful coughs I have ever heard. Soooo.. we took her back to the doctor today to see her pediatrician and she diagnosed Chelsea with an infection AND eczema. She was prescribed amoxicillin and hydrocortisone ointment for her face. We gave her a warm bath about an hour ago. It seemed to her help her FINALLY fall asleep. Joshua was up all night with her and took care of her all day today. Props to my baby daddy! It was a rough day. The whole time I've been back to work she's been sick. Luckily, I have vacation time and sick time left that I can take. My poor, poor little baby.

3 comments:

Joshua said...

Thank you to our friend Jess for watching Chelsea while I ran to Sam's Club yesterday... very helpful, much appreciated.

Chelsea seems like she's feeling better this morning.... so far........

Barb said...

I'm sorry Chelsea is sick. I hope she gets to feeling better and stays well. How is she doing now?

Elaina said...

She's feeling much better. I'm hoping by the end of this weekend she'll be over this. She still has a cough and a weepy eye, but her nose looks like it's clearing up. The rash on her face has pretty much gone away. Things are looking up. Now I just need to kick this icky cold/sore throat/achy thing I have.

Post a Comment

Comments go here:

 
Site Meter